Monday, September 21, 2015

The Path Forward


 September 21, 2015


"Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up."

--Dean Karnazes, American Ultramarathon Runner


It's a perfect day here in SWMO: humidity is zilch, the sky is pristine blue, I am afforded a gap of time midday for which I am eternally grateful, and my legs are in working order.

Today I journeyed 8 miles on my favorite stretch of running trail here in my hometown: from Sequiota Park to the James River and beyond and back again. It was just what I needed. Always is.

My head is never clearer than when my legs are moving, my tunes on. God and I talk some, I problem-solve as much as I can, I dream the dreams swirling around out there for my sweet babes and me.

I stopped for a moment on this bridge over the James. I could have stayed much longer, but the path forward called to me. I didn't want to stop my trajectory up and forward. I'm finding that's a theme these days.




"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31



1 comment: