Saturday, June 18, 2016

Dad Day

June 19, 2016

If you know me, you know I'm a pretty big fan of my Pops. Today is no exception.

When Dad retired from his gig at MSU, I wrote a little something for and about him in our local paper. It bears repeating. It is attached.

Fatherhood is so much more than seed-planting and providing and correcting. It's about affection and kindness and protection and discipline and equipping and laughter and love. 

If you are one of the good ones, your kiddo's heart swells at the thought of you. With pride. Possibly some healthy fear. And with love. Always with love.

Happy Father's Day. I got a good one. 

My heart swells.






1 comment:

  1. I love your Daddy! And I love how much my Daddy admired and respected him. I don't know if you knew that we ask your Dad to speak at my Dad's funeral service. He said No. Couldn't do it. Too much emotion there. I hope Father Rowe had a great Father's Day! So deserving!

    ReplyDelete