Tuesday, July 31, 2018

How's Aunt Katherine?

I don't know what brings these stories to mind, but they are worth repeating.

My dad has told me this story that is a favorite about my mom; and proof that I am her daughter. 

Back in the day, they were dining at the Shady Inn with another couple. Mom and Dad noticed that her Uncle Bob (her dad's brother) was dining with a woman who wasn't his wife.

Mom got steamed and, if you knew her, steaming was one of her talents. So, before they left the restaurant, Mom marched up to Uncle Bob's table and said, "Hi Uncle Bob. How's Aunt Katherine?" I'm not sure, but I don't believe she allowed him to answer. She took her big hairdo, collected Coach Rowe, and departed.


And the MINUTE they got home, she called her mother. You know those 1970s landlines burned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment