Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What If I Had Never Met You?


October 20, 2015


"What If I Had Never Met You?"

Carrie Bradshaw asks this of her three best friends at the end of the remarkable series "Sex and the City." I was watching that episode just now and I've never made it through the scene without a lump in my throat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bENLqv61AR8&sns=em


For Carrie and her fictitious friends, their friendship is real, meaningful, soul-mate-worthy. As she looks at each of them and dares to imagine a life without them, I dare to imagine my life without the special host of characters who have populated my heart in my lifetime. It's a mind game I cannot bear to play.

There is no end to the superlatives I could use for my friends. My dear life-preservers. Most of them read my words here, and they know who they are.

So to my dear pals, I say this:

What If I Had Never Met You?


By the grace of God, it is the question gratefully unanswered. I don't want to know.







Key players in my cast of heroes. Thank God I met you.


No comments:

Post a Comment