Thursday, April 12, 2018

Negative Nance

April 12, 2018

I have a tendency to gripe. If you know me well, you will not be blown to bits by that revelation. Honestly, my bitching is usually just for sport. It helps me cope and it usually makes people laugh. I would love to be more naturally positive. Um, I'm not.

But tonight I'm sitting in 80 degree wind watching my very bright, ambitious and beautiful daughter play soccer. Now, don't get me wrong: I don't understand or especially enjoy the soccer. However, I am in the stands taking stock of what a charmed life I lead. I live in Freedom House with my wonderful babies and pups and I have three great jobs and amazing parents and friends. So, if I'm going to give voice ad nauseum to what goes wrong, what goes right deserves a megaphone, as well.

I've done plenty that deserves some trouble at the behest of the God I love. And I've gotten some trouble. But by and large, I don't know a girl with a better scene.


I'm grateful. To the Almighty, I give thanks. 

And no worries--the next time I'm not a happy camper, you will know. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment