Friday, June 8, 2018

Not Today Satan

June 7, 2018

I woke up to the news that Anthony Bourdain had taken his life. I had always thought he was arrogant and talented, and I'm sorry about this. I'm sorry about Kate Spade. As a front row spectator and near victim of Mom's suicide, it makes me very sad.

But life does go on. Because I lived, I got to have McDonald's between ballgames this morning with my Dad and Drew and I got to see a very large older man in a tank top that read "NOT TODAY SATAN."

I also got to advise my father that if he EVER wears topsiders, black socks, and camo shorts to read his paper at McDonald's, I will commit him. He thanked me.

He went on to describe some horrible woman he once knew who should be riding a broom.


Sometimes I think I'm being filmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment