Wednesday, May 27, 2015

From the Mouth of Pops--updated


May 27, 2015

My Dad has some words of wisdom that really need no explanation. When you least expect it, he will deliver. I will add to this list because there are definitely more. A shout out to a Marionville upbringing and his good pal, Charlie Spoonhour, for their contributions:

"He'd kill his own mother to go to the orphan's picnic."

"Are u writing a book? If so, leave that chapter out."

"I know I have to kiss your ass, but do I have to kiss it right in the groove?"

"It's colder than a mother-in-law's love."

"I was puckered up. I couldn't have gone to the bathroom in a washtub."

"I've seen more heat on a dog." --re: a weak pitch in baseball, compliments of a former player of his 




1 comment:

  1. The groove. I am dying here. Love that Dad of yours!

    ReplyDelete