Thursday, May 21, 2015

Quotable Nuggets for May 21



May 21, 2015

Aldous Huxley wrote that “Every man's memory is his private literature.” And so it is.   

Additionally:

Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don’t go along with that. The memories I value most, I don’t ever see them fading.

If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.

I think it is all a matter of love; the more you love a memory the stronger and stranger it becomes

We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss.

I know what you are learning to endure. There is nothing to be done. Make sure nothing is wasted. Take notes. Remember it all, every insult, every tear. Tattoo it on the inside of your mind. In life, knowledge of poisons is essential. I've told you, nobody becomes an artist unless they have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment