Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Strong Ones

A dear friend of mine recently told me that someone with whom I was once allegedly close asked her to lunch. The air was full of all I've done wrong.

I've done a lot wrong. My kids know it. I know it. My friends know it. My parents know it. God knows it.

This friend said this: "There is nothing you can tell me about Nancy that will make me love her less. She is my friend."

I have teared up again and again thinking of her allegiance.

I've considered loyalty in recent days. And forgiveness. I went through a tough spot a few years ago and I have this armful of friends who wouldn't let me sink. They loved me. Saved me. And at a moment's notice, I could call them and say "oh, sweet Jesus, get the tarp! Sh*t just got real!"

Compassion is its own brand of love. I'm grateful I have it. I am grateful my friends have it and show it. 

I couldn't live without it. We all fall short. We need the strong ones to pick us up.


I have strong ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment