Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Loop

May 17, 2018

I think I've developed a disorder.

Unless I already know and like you, I have issues.I wish liked people more, but I don't. As Tom Segura says, "I'm  all friended up."

I'm grateful for everyone I know and love. And I do enjoy meeting and knowing students each semester.

But I am introvert at heart. Walking into a room of strangers makes me want to vomit. Lately I've become about three steps from a recluse. Kids, home, fella, dogs. That will do. The rest wears. Me. Out. I long to be different. But in my advancing stage of life, so I am.

I'm 44 and I'm afraid I'm going to be that lady who hoards sardines and keeps cats. Except I hate cats, I worship the sun, and I exercise. Maybe I'm not in peril.


I suppose the message is this: I hope you're in my loop. I am glad you are. I am grateful. If not, lately it seems like a tight fit. 😉 I'm trying to make some room. It's not in my wheelhouse. But I'm trying.

Who knows...anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment