Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 14 Nuggets

July 14, 2015

The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.
--Bob Marley

There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.
Sarah Dessen, Someone Like You

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.
--CS Lewis

I think if I've learned anything about friendship, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired, don't take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.
--Jon Katz

There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.
--Irving Stone, Clarence Darrow for the Defense

No comments:

Post a Comment