Friday, July 3, 2015

July 3 Nugget #2

July 3, 2015

A movie not well known but on my ample list of beloved pics is "Class Action." In it, Gene Hackman is a successful attorney who defends the underdog while his daughter litigates for a corporate giant. His wife and her mother plays peacemaker between the contentious father and daughter. Early in the movie (spoiler alert!), Hackman's wife dies unexpectedly. In his eulogy,  it is clear that she was extraordinary, and extraordinarily loved. Tough as he is, the void she leaves seems crater-sized. At the end of his remarks, he speaks only to her and says, "and if you have a moment, I just have this to say: remember please forever that I love you."

For some reason, that scene and those words have run through my mind all day today. 

Remember please forever that I love you.

It is a precious request, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment