Friday, January 5, 2018

The Debating

When I was married, my former mother-in-law would ask, "how is it going with the debating?" The truth is, being a debate coach was the greatest thrill and challenge of my life.

Of late I've been thinking of the best of the best of my debate coaching friends. They duke it out every weekend. 

I gave up. 18 years and I was done.

Think about teaching all week, then climbing a bus on Friday morning to govern a host of debaters until likely the middle of the night Saturday night. And if you're me (for a time) coming home to little ones.

I'm not hopping on the cross. The highs in my life as a coach were momentous. I admit there were some lows. But I know my pals are out there now. It's no small feat. I salute them.


This is their first weekend back after break. I am home and I just want them to know that I admire them. What they do is a lot. That's all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment