Friday, June 12, 2015

Nance's Book Club


June 12, 2015

A few years ago I stumbled onto a book that was one of the shortest I'd read since elementary school and one of the funniest I have ever read. It was full of profanity, honesty and love, and it was called "Sh*t My Dad Says": a true account of the nuggets of wisdom cast about by the father of author Justin Halpern. I proceeded to tell every person I know who enjoys profanity, honesty and love about this book (and some who needed to step up their game and embrace them).

Yesterday I discovered Halpern's newest book, "I Suck at Girls," which I am happily devouring. Any time I am laughing out loud on the stationary bike before 8am, we have a winner.

So I'm using my cyber-pulpit here to encourage one and all to read and laugh. If you read and don't laugh, that's fine...but I'm fairly certain our friendship (if we have one, which is probably the only reason you are reading this anyway) has run its course. Or perhaps you need to loosen the *^%# up. Bless you.

So there you go. Welcome to the first installment of Nance's low-brow book club. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment